AA MEETINGS HOSTED AT GAULT HOUSE EVERY WEDNESDAY AT 6PM
Mission: Provide a sober living structure for men and woman to strengthen our commitment to sobriety.
Strategy: Honesty and accountability to management, each other and ourselves, and engagement with our community inside and outside of Gault House.
Reasons to live at the Gault House:
- No use of illicit drugs or alcohol by any resident
- Improve your health, physically and spiritually
- Central location to shops, buses, jobs, beaches, gyms
- Many recovery meetings near our sober living home
- Strong camaraderie in Santa Cruz recovery community
- Santa Cruz is a beautiful place to work on your recovery
- Only two people in most bedrooms, not crowded
- Strong management structure to guide your recovery
- Service opportunities to the recovery community
- Many job opportunities in Santa Cruz
Elements of a Responsible Recovery Lifestyle:
- Live with other people who are committed to sobriety
- Eat healthy, do some exercise & get good sleep.
- Get a job & attend recovery meetings
- Get a sponsor (or two) who can give you guidance
- Learn accountability through chores & service
- Learn to love again in a sober living home
- Be honest with yourself and others
- Learn to say “No”
- Talk about your feelings
- Get new hobbies and interests
Responsible Recovery L.L.C. operates the Gault House, a sober living home for men and woman, who choose to live together, free from illicit drugs, alcohol and addictive behaviour. You will improve your chances of successfully recovering from addiction by living in our well-structured sober living environment. Click on our Podcast page to listen to our sobriety podcast entitled “Stories of Addiction” or watch the video version of this podcast on our Video page. The Gault House Management Team has written a book on sobriety based on our own recoveries and our “boots-on-the-ground” experience from many years of running a sober home. Click on our Book page to learn more about getting clean and staying sober, mental health, family advice, patterns that occur often, drugs that are most commonly used and how to achieve a more meaningful life.